If you are like most homeowners you don’t think about the parts of a refrigerator until it stops cooling, or before it comes time to replace it. To guarantee you get the most use possible out of this important appliance it can be very nice to understand how it keeps your food cool—and Nifty Nashville Appliance Repair is here to explain.
Continue reading to learn what you might need to know concerning how a refrigerator works, how it cools your food and if it’s time to call refrigerator repair Nashville.
Parts of a Refrigerator
You will not find too many houses that don’t feature a refrigerator inside the kitchen. It has been a standard appliance for a lot of years. A residential refrigerator will store your food and drinks at the best temperature, in order to eliminate rotting and limit harmful bacteria. The process of refrigeration works by distributing the heat from inside of the appliance to the outside, using principles of condensation and evaporation.
The primary components of a refrigerator are. For questions or service call Nifty Nashville Appliance Repair:
The refrigerator compressor is a combo of a motor and pump, and it is responsible for the circulation of refrigerant in the cooling system.
The compressor is an integral piece of a refrigerator. Homeowners should call a professional company if the compressor is not working.
A refrigerator condenser is found on the back outside wall of the appliance and is there to release the heat built-up within the refrigerator then out in the surrounding air.
A evaporator is located on the interior of the refrigerator where it absorbs warmth contained within it, thereby lowering the temperature inside.
Once the evaporator is not working, it is time to call a professional. You should not wait too long.
Liquified coolant is transferred within a capillary tube which acts as an expansion device as it cools the gas inside, thereby turning it back into a liquid.
A thermostat regulates the temperature within the refrigerator, beginning the cooling cycle as it is appropriate.
The thermostat in a refrigerator is prone to malfunction. Troubleshoot and call a technician in Nashville for repair right after an issue happens.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. When the temperature inside the refrigerator rises higher than the set point sensors alert the compressor to engage, and the cool down begins. The refrigerator attracts the cool liquid refrigerant, then pressurizes and condenses the refrigerant, and increases the temperature, so it can turn into a gas.
2. The refrigerator compressor unit directs the heated gas in the direction of the refrigerator condenser coils located on the rear of the refrigerator, where it comes into contact with warmer air temperature in the home and reverts to a liquified state.
3. The cooled liquified gas then continues its journey to the refrigerator evaporator, traveling through the coils in the inside of the refrigerator and freezer section.
4. The liquid absorbs the warm air from the interior of the refrigerator, returning the temperature back to the optimal final point.
5. The coolant then will evaporate, and will return back into a gas, and returns to the refrigerator compressor to then continue the cycle.
Refrigeration is often used in many applications and large appliances, including heat pumps, air conditioners, refrigerators and residential freezers. By removing warmth from a single area and transferring it to another the continuous cycle of refrigeration will help cooling a house, provides a perfect space for food that is perishable, and also helps with manufacturing and storage of a number of different common products and goods.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Does your refrigerator need professional attention? Time to schedule repair with Nifty Nashville Appliance Repair.
Nifty Nashville Appliance Repair can repair nearly all common brands of refrigerators – including restaurant models, side-by-side and stand-alone.Our experienced technicians in Nashville undergo training to repair and troubleshoot problems with cooling, malfunctioning ice makers, condensation, puddles of water and leaks, light bulbs, touch controls, smart systems and other problems. We everything about refrigerator repair! 100% satisfaction guaranteed!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
- Refrigerator Noisy
- Refrigerator Not Cooling
- Refrigerator Ice Maker Not Working
- Refrigerator Water Dispenser Not Working